Saturday, January 7, 2012

Gluten free raspberry thumbprint cookies!

These are super quick and can be made while wearing two babies or if you have 10 minutes to throw it all together. There's no sugar in the batter and if you get sugar free preserves you can have a completely sugar free cookie! I got this recipe from a fun cooking blog called The Spunky Coconut. Click on the link for the recipe.

The only change I made was substituting the 1/4 cup of applesauce and 1/4 cup of ghee or coconut oil for 1 stick of butter. I prefer to use butter when making my cookies. If you can't get chia seeds you can substitute the 1 Tbs of chia seed meal for 1 large egg yolk. Also, the batter comes out a little runny so I add extra almond meal, coconut flour, and a little bit of rice flour until I can ball up the dough without it oozing everywhere. They are super delicious and were a big hit at the last holiday party we had, so I'm making them for a belated new year party going on tomorrow.




No comments:

Post a Comment