Thursday, July 21, 2011

Harry Potter the finale...

The night felt epic. The weather was perfect, the full moon illuminated the clear night sky, and we were going to the drive-in!


It was crowded and even though we were early, we had the nosebleed seats. It was the first time I had been to a drive-in in almost a decade. I remember the screen being bigger...



The movie was final and monumental. I left feeling sad and mildly fulfilled. Matthew made popcorn with black pepper and salt. It was really good. We sat in the front seat of the minivan each with a nursing pillow and a baby. They seemed to really enjoy hanging out with us in the car when they weren't passed out.

Because the movie was at midnight we didn't get home until 3a.m.. The babies random feeding cues had me in and out of sleep until 11a.m.. It was totally worth it and I intend on seeing it at the theater in 2D and 3D now if I can swing it.

The drive-in was amazing but the closure I was anticipating didn't really happen. Over the past few days I have considered rereading all the books and have already seen the Sorcerer's Stone, Chamber of secrets, and about to watch The Prisoner of Azkaban. I'll let you know how it goes. Honestly I don't think I'm ready to say good-bye to this addictive series.

No comments:

Post a Comment