Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Gently cleansing while breastfeeding

This week Matthew and I are getting into our spring cleanse. We always cleanse during spring and fall. Growing up I had the worst environmental allergies but since doing the cleanse I haven't needed a decongestant! It's been 4 years since I last took an allergy pill and I don't plan on going back to it!

The problem is I am still breastfeeding and I can't do the full cleanse. If I did I might release my built up toxins into the breastmilk and it will certainly affect the babies. So I'm following the diet and eliminating sweeteners, processed foods, some meat, and most carbs (except for quinoa, brown rice, and lentils). We have supplements that we take during our cleanse too. I won't be taking the cleansing supplement but I am taking the green food and the fiber.

It's day three and so far so good. Roasted vegetables are a lifesaver when I get evening sugar cravings. Tonight I am going to bake a spaghetti squash and serve it with a ton of roasted veggies. I can't wait.

The babies are sleeping on me right now and I am so hungry for lunch! I've been making frozen berry smoothies for lunch but today I might need something a little more substantial. Hopefully these babies will wake up on their own soon so I can feed myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment